No, however, from a safety perspective, you should place your phone in a fixed cradle or in the glove box while driving. Keeping your phone in a stationary and upright position will also help the accuracy of Mentor’s readings, though Mentor will work in any position, including in a purse or briefcase.
Articles in this section
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- I had a really high FICO® Safe Driving Score and have not incurred any negative events, and yet my score has continued to decline. What’s going on?
- What if I have privacy concerns?
- How secure is the Mentor app and platform?
- I do not see any data in my Mentor app. What could be the issue?
- What do the scores on the Dashboard screen represent?
- What do Good, Average and Poor scores represent in the middle strip of the Mentor app?
- Do I have to keep my phone in the same location each time I drive my vehicle?