There is no difference in brain distraction between hand-held and hands-free phone use—they are equally distracting and therefore are equally counted as negative events in Mentor. Soon you will receive the Distracted Driving series of coaching modules with our own brain science advisor, Dr. Paul Atchley, in your playlist, which will convince you why you need leave your phone alone while behind the wheel! If you have already seen them, we encourage you to go watch them again.
Articles in this section
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- I had a really high FICO® Safe Driving Score and have not incurred any negative events, and yet my score has continued to decline. What’s going on?
- What if I have privacy concerns?
- How secure is the Mentor app and platform?
- I do not see any data in my Mentor app. What could be the issue?
- What do the scores on the Dashboard screen represent?
- What do Good, Average and Poor scores represent in the middle strip of the Mentor app?
- Do I have to keep my phone in the same location each time I drive my vehicle?